Garmin 66SR Handheld GPS with Topo Maps
Garmin GPSMAP 66SR – Premium GPS Handheld
AU Stock with Garmin Australia Warranty – 12 months
- Large, 3” sunlight-readable color display for easy viewing
- Multi-band technology and expanded GNSS support (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS and IRNSS) provide optimal accuracy in steep country, urban canyons and forests with dense trees.
- Navigate every trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
- Download high-resolution photo-realistic maps directly to your device without an annual subscription. Easily find trails, pick stand locations, find parking, create waypoints and more
- Expanded wireless connectivity supports Active Weather for up-to-date forecasts and animated weather radar and Geocaching Live for mobile syncing and updates
- Preloaded TopoActive maps provide detailed views of routable street and off-road networks, waterways, natural features, land use areas, buildings and more.
- Compatible with Garmin Explore™ website and app to help you manage tracks, routes and waypoints and review statistics from the field
- When paired with your compatible smartphone, you can get real-time forecast information and live weather radar, so you’re aware of the surrounding conditions1.
- Up to 16 hours of battery life in GPS mode; 1 week in expedition mode lets you explore longer than ever before on a single set of AA batteries
Navigate your next outdoor adventure with the GPSMAP 66 series. Whether you’re hiking, hunting, climbing, geocaching, kayaking or mountain biking, you can explore more with this premium, rugged handheld with a 3” color display. It features access to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery with direct-to-device downloads to help you find your way with TOPO maps on GPSMAP 66s. And it offers offers multi-GNSS support as well as wireless connectivity for Active Weather, direct downloads and Garmin Explore compatibility.
Get Your Bearings
In addition to multi-GNSS support , the GPSMAP 66 series provides ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities to track your journey. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The three-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you’re moving or not.
See Where You’re Headed
Get a better picture of your location with high-resolution photo-realistic views of your route, thanks to direct-to-device downloads of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery — without an annual subscription. You’ll see a true representation of your surroundings to find trails, trailheads and clearings for campsites, to pick stand locations for hunting, to find parks and parking for geocaching and even to create waypoints based on landmarks.
Plus, GPSMAP 66sr comes preloaded with TOPO Active maps. You’ll see every hill and valley, with more detail than ever — including terrain contours, topographic elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and geographical points.
Stay Tuned to Conditions
You’ll always stay informed of weather conditions when you pair your GPSMAP 66 series device via Bluetooth® to a compatible smartphone. Receive Active Weather updates for real-time forecast information, including predictive maps for temperature, wind, precipitation and clouds. It also provides live weather radar so you’re aware of inclement weather that can affect your outdoor adventures.
Explore with Garmin
Even when you’re offline and have no cell service, the GPSMAP 66 series pairs with the Garmin Explore mobile app to let you plan, review and sync data, including waypoints, routes and tracks. Plus, you can review completed activities while still in the field, even when you’re off the grid. Once you’re home again, plan for future trips and review previous activities from the Garmin Explore website.
Utility in Adverse Environments
Be prepared for the most extreme adventures. The GPSMAP 66 series offers up to 16 hours of battery life in GPS mode and 1 week in expedition mode (with 2 AA batteries). It provides an LED flashlight and SOS beacon that can be used to signal for help. It’s built to military standards for thermal, shock and water performance (MIL-STD-810G), and it’s even compatible with night vision goggles.
Find Your Cache
GPSMAP 66st makes it easier than ever to enjoy your geocaching experience. Set it to automatically update with all the latest caches from Geocaching Live, including cache descriptions, logs and hints. With a Wi-Fi® connection or through Garmin Connect™ on a compatible smartphone, you’ll avoid manually entering coordinates or printing out cache details on paper — and each find will automatically upload to your Geocaching.com profile.
2 in stock (can be backordered)
- Physical dimensions: 5″ x 6.4″ x 1.4″ (6.2 x 16.3 x 3.5 cm)
- Display size: 5″W x 2.5″H (3.8 x 6.3 cm); 3″ diag (7.6 cm)
- Display Resolutiom: 240×400 pixels
- Weight: 230 g with batteries
- Battery: Rechargeable, internal lithium-ion
- Battery Life: Upto 36 hours; upto 450 hours in expedition mode
- Water rating: IPX7
- Interface: high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Maps & Memory: Preloaded Topo Active maps
- Storage and Power Capacity: microSD™ card upto 32 GB (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 10000
- Routes: 250
- Track log: 20000 points, 250 saved gpx tracks, 300 saved fit activities
- Barometric altimeter
- Compass (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
- Area calculation
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads)
- Custom maps compatible
- Hunt/fish calendar
- Sun and moon information
- Picture viewer
- Garmin Explore compatible: yes
- Garmin Connect IQ compatible
- Wireless compatible: yes (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and ANT+)
- Map segments: 15,000
- Active weather
- Smart Notifications
- Live Tracking: yes (with Garmin Connect™ Mobile)
- BirdsEye direct to device(no annual subscription required)
- MIL STD 810G ruggedness for thermal, shock and water performance
In the Box:
- GPSMAP 66SR
- USB cable
- Carabiner clip